March 25 and 26, 2017
1 Marina Drive, Alexandria, VA (for google maps, etc.)
Washington Sailing Marina, Daingerfield Island
Potomac River Sailing Association and Potomac River Laser Fleet
NOTICE OF RACE (Printable version)
1.1 This regatta is governed by rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing, the prescriptions of the US Sailing Association, and the rules of the International Laser Class Association except as any of these are altered by this notice, and/or by the sailing instructions.
1.2 The fundamental rule under Part One of the Laser Class Rules shall apply.
2. Eligibility and Entry: This regatta will be a A event as it relates to advertising.
3. Number and Schedule of Races Several races may be sailed on any day at the discretion of the race committee. The warning signal for the first race on each day is scheduled as indicated below.
Saturday: 1100 Skipper Meeting 1200 Warning Gun for Race 1, other races to follow No races after 15:30
Sunday: 1100 Warning Gun for 1st race of the day, others to follow No race will be started after 1400 Awards immediately following racing
4. Social and Registration Schedule
Saturday: 1000 to 1100 Registration ‘
Saturday: 1700 Dinner
Sunday: 1500 Awards
5. Advance Registration: Online registration is available here. On site registration will NOT be available. To register on the day of the regatta, you will still need to do so on-line and pay the entry fee using a credit card.
6. Fees: The entry fee is $20 for registering on or before midnight of the Tuesday before the regatta. After that the entry fee is $30.
7. Sailing Instructions: Sailing instructions are available here. Sailing instructions will not be available at registration.
8. Scoring: If 4 or fewer races are completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of all her race scores. Otherwise, her worst score will be excluded. This changes RRS Appendix A rule A2. Boats failing to finish within 30 minutes after the first boat to finish will be scored TLP (time limit penalty). TLP is two plus the number of boats finishing within the time limit, and not thereafter retiring or being disqualified. This changes rule 35, A4.1, and A4.2.
9. Trophies: Trophies will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places (minimum). Deeper awards may be given.
10. Launching: Two ramps are available. For launching off the ramp, competitors will be required to provide their own beach dollies. Road trailers can also be used.
11. Disclaimer of Liability: Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
12. Further Information: return to this page or email Dan Dunham at Dan.S.Dunham@gmail.com