2016-2017 Laser Frostbite Series
2016 Racing Results
- Spring Series: Albacores, Buccaneers, Lightnings
- Spring Regatta
- Fall Series: Albacores, Buccaneers, Lightnings, Multihulls
- President’s Cup Regatta
2015-2016 Laser Frostbite Series
- 2016 Hangover Regatta
- Series Scores
2015 Racing Results
- Spring Series: Albacores, Buccaneers, Lightnings, Multihulls, Scows
- Fall Series: Albacores, Buccaneers, Lasers, Lightnings, Multihulls
2014-2015 Laser Frostbite Series
- 2015 Hangover Regatta
- Series Summary: Frostbite Series Total, All Races
- Series Scores
2014 Racing Results
- Spring Series: Albacores, Buccaneers, Catamarans, Lightnings
- Spring Regatta: Albacores, Buccaneers, Catamarans, Lasers, Lightnings,
- President’s Cup: Albacores, Buccaneers, Flying Scots, Inland 20, Lasers, Lightnings, Multihulls, Penguins
- Fall Series: Albacore, Buccaneer, Catamarans, Lightnings
- 2014 PRSA Dinghy Open Results
- 2014 PRSA Rookie Regatta Results
2014 Fall Series
In order to be scored for the 2914 Fall series, a skipper must:
- Be a member in good standing, with PRSA dues paid in full for the 2014 sailing season
- Complete RC service in either the Spring or the Fall as per PRSA requirements
The 2014 PRSA Fall Series will use series scoring, meaning:
- The series will be comprised of 8 race days.
- A boat must participate in 4 or more of the 8 race days to qualify for the series.
- Participation will be counted as:
- Sailing one or more races on a race day.
- Serving on RC on a race day (for which the boat’s redress score will be given).
- Showing up to race on a race day for which racing is cancelled due to conditions (for which the boat’s redress score will be given).
Depth of Awards
- The number of awards in a fleet will be based on the number of boats that qualify for the series
- 1 qualifier: none; 2-3 qualifiers: 1 award; 4-5 qualifiers: 2 awards; 6-7 qualifiers: 3 awards; and 8 or more qualifiers: 4 awards
- On a race day that a boat races, its point total for all races that day will determine its position for that day, which will be its score for that day in the series.
- The redress score for a day when a boat did race committee or a day when no races were completed due to conditions will be calculated as follows:
- If a boat does RC during one day of the series OR is present a day of the series that is cancelled, then its redressscore for that day will be calculated as the average of its best 3 series day scores.
- If a boat does RC during one day of the series AND it is present a day of the series that is cancelled due to conditions, its redress score for both of those days will be calculated as the average of a its best 2 series day scores.
- A boat cannot receive a redress score in the series for more than 1 day of RC or for more than 1 day when racing is cancelled due to conditions.
- The best 4 series day scores will be used to calculate a boat’s overall series score. The more race days greater than 4 that a boat races, the more throwouts granted (example: race 6 race days and throw out the 2 worst race day scores; race 7 race days and throw out the 3 race day scores).
2014 Spring Series
For the 2014 spring series we modified the scoring system. Series scoring is based on the number of days sailed. Each boat will receive a score for your position on each day sailed. You must sail on 50% of the race days to qualify (at least 4 days). For days that you perform RC you will be scored with an average of your races for the season. This new scoring system should promote fulfillment of RC duties as there is not a scoring penalty (so please be sure to sign up for RC!) and will eliminate advantages/disadvantages gained by happening to be on the water when there are more races sailed on a given day. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact PRSA Rear Commodore Farley Will.
2013 Racing Results
- Spring Series:
- Spring Regatta: Albacores, Buccaneers, Cats, Lightnings
- Fall Series:
- President’s Cup:
- By class:
2012 Racing Results