It was great to see so many fleet members at the 2014 PRSA Annual General Meeting and Awards Banquet! A very special thanks to Lee for all of the work that she did in preparing our amazing feast, and to Dave for allowing us to use the Potomac Room at Marina Towers for the event.
The Executive Board report indicated that the state of the Association is good, with membership higher in all categories than in 2013. At the same time, we need to do more work in getting our members out on the water (sailing participation in the fall series was down a bit, in particular) and we need to start thinking about the powerboats and engines as we approach 10 years of usage on our skiffs and outboards. The PRSA Executive Board will consider these questions as part of their regular meetings in 2015 and report back to the Association at the 2015 AGM and Awards Banquet.
Please join me in congratulating the recipients of our PRSA Perpetual Awards as well as the volunteers who will serve on the PRSA Executive Board in 2015. I’ve listed these individuals below, and included links farther down to the AGM agenda and the summary of race highlights for each fleet in our major sailing events.
2015 PRSA Perpetual Award Winners
- Founder’s Trophy: Jeff Neurauter
- Fleet Captain’s Award: Michael Heinsdorf
- Yates Dowell III Award: Nabeel Alsalam
- Nabeel Alsalam Award: Lee Sayasithsena
2015 PRSA Executive Board
- Commodore: Aaron Boesenecker
- Vice Commodore: Nabeel Alsalam
- Rear Commodore: Farley Will
- Treasurer: Yates Dowell
- Secretary: Nich Allen
- Social Activities & Outreach (co-chair): Lee Sayasithsena
- Social Activities & Outreach (co-chair): Lisa-Marie Lane
- Member at Large: Stew Harris
2014 PRSA AGM & Awards Banquet Agenda