PRSA conducts two Sunday Series. The Spring Series is on 8 or 9 Sundays in the Spring. The first of that series is generally the first Sunday in April (that is not Easter). The Fall Series in on 8 or 9 Sundays in the Fall. The first Sunday is generally the first Sunday after the Labor Day weekend. See the calendar.
Any boat in an Active PRSA Fleet, as defined in the PRSA Bylaws, is welcome to participate. Fleet Captains are central to organizing the participation of each fleet, so make sure to contact your boat’s fleet captain if you are interested in racing.
- PRSA Fall 2020 Sunday Series NOR — please note that there have been several changes to the NOR and SIs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please make sure to read our race documents carefully, and remember:
- All participants must read and sign the PRSA Fall 2020 COVID-19 Waiver by 1800 on the Saturday prior to any event in order to participate in fall series racing. You only need sign the waiver once, but this must be done prior to your participation in any PRSA event.
- All participants are expected to observe the PRSA COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines.
- There is no in-person skipper’s meeting. PROs will communicate weather and risk assessment information via the PRSA email listserv (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 1930 on the Saturday prior to a Sunday Series race day.
- Revised series scoring rules.
- PRSA Fall 2020 Sunday Series Sailing Instructions — please read the SIs carefully, taking note of the following in particular:
- We will utilize 3-minute starts in Fall 2020.
- Any protests will be held virtually (via Zoom) during the week after the Sunday on which a protest is filed. Please do your best to avoid protest hearings.
All PRSA skippers (and their crews) help run race committee. See the RC signup sheet. Skippers are required to serve on RC in the series in which they sail (meaning skippers sailing in the Frostbite Series need to serve on RC during the Frostbite Series; Skippers sailing in the Spring/Fall Series need to serve on RC during the Spring/Fall Series; skippers sailing in both need to serve on RC during both).
While the fleet welcomes guests to try us out, we ask you to join PRSA. We are a very good cause and membership is one of the most affordable deals in the region. See the membership application for more details.