Both PRSA Spring Series #1 and the PRSA Spring Kickoff BBQ were cancelled due to cold temps, high winds, and very low water on April 3. We will hold the PRSA Spring Kickoff BBQ after Spring Series #2 on April 10. PRSA will be providing food and beverages, so come ready to race and come hungry for some great festivities after the racing!
The PRSA Spring Series starts with Spring Series #1 on April 3. Are you ready to go sailing? Here are a few things to remember as you get ready for the racing season:
- Post to the PRSA Crew Connection or peruse the listings there if you are looking for a ride or looking for crew.
- Make sure to sign up for your RC Duty slots. Sign up now so that you know when you’re serving and so that you make sure to do your part for PRSA in helping us run safe and fun races.
Spring Series #1 will be followed by BBQ with all food and drink provided by PRSA, so make sure to bring your appetites for food as well as for racing on April 3!
UPDATE 5:15 PM 3 OCT: THE PRSA DINGHY OPEN WILL BE HELD AS SCHEDULED. SEE YOU AT THE MARINA!
Back by popular demand we will once again the PRSA Dinghy Open this year! This one-day stand-alone regatta on Sunday, October 4, is your chance to race boat-on-boat against other classes. The regatta is open to any boat under 20′ in length. Races will be scored using the Portsmouth Yardstick system. Start organizing your crew now! Click here to view the NOR and click here to view the Sailing Instructions.
PRSA is once again partnering with CalendarLink (http://www.calendarlink.org/prsa/home.html) to produce a 2016 tide calendar. These calendars show the actual tides predicted for the Potomac River at Washington National Airport on the Potomac River!
This year we are having a photo contest to select photos to include in the calendar. All PRSA members are encouraged to enter their very best photo. Each PRSA member may submit one photo for consideration. The winning photo will become the cover photo for the calendar and the winner will receive a FREE 2016 PRSA Calendar.
Here are the requirements for calendar photo submissions:
- Photos must be horizontal images from digital cameras.
- Photos must be a minimum of 300 DPI width of 10.3 inches, height 8 inches or 3100 x 2400 pixels or a 1.3 to 1 ratio.
- Photos may be submitted in JPEG, GIF, or PNG format.
- Photos need not be from the current calendar year.
So get out there and start taking pictures! Then, figure out which one is your best picture and enter it into the contest. Email your photo to Jeff Neurauter (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than November 1, 2015.