The 2015 PRSA Annual General Meeting and Awards Banquet will be held on Saturday, November 21, 6-9 pm, in the party room at Marina Towers in Alexandria, VA. Dinner & drinks will cost $25 per person (pay at the door with check or cash). This is always a great chance to see everybody and reminisce about another year of great sailing, so I hope to see you there! Please sign up here as soon as possible so that our volunteers can plan for the appropriate amount of food and drink. Please submit your nominations for PRSA awards (see below) via email to email@example.com no later than the end of the day on Monday, November 16.
A full agenda and details on the PRSA business meeting will be posted soon. In the meanwhile, here is the basic schedule of events:
- 6:00 Appetizers & Drinks
- 6:30 Dinner
- 7:30 Business Meeting & Awards
- 7:30-7:45 Officer Reports
- 7:45-8:15 Discussion of PRSA Dues Proposal (see docs below)
- 8:15-8:20 Vote on PRSA Dues Proposal
- 8:20-8:30 Discussion on 2016 PRSA Goals
- 8:30-8:45 PRSA Spring & Fall Series Awards
- 8:45-8:55 PRSA Perpetual Awards
- 8:55-9:00 Discussion & approval of 2016 PRSA Executive Committee
- 9:00 Adjourn & Cleanup
Award Nominations: we have several perpetual awards that are bestowed upon Association members at the AGM to recognize service to PRSA. The list of these awards is below. Please email me if you would like to nominate an Association member for one of these awards:
- Founder’s Trophy (for the general promotion of PRSA; highest recognition for service and dedication to PRSA)
- Fleet Captain’s Award (for exemplary service on Race Committee Duty)
- Nabeel Alsalam Award (for exceptional service coordinating the many activities of PRSA)
- Yates Dowell III Award (for exceptional administrative service to PRSA)
PRSA Dues Proposal
Last year at the AGM the PRSA Executive Board raised the question of our dues structure, which has been unchanged since 2001. Over time we have lost approximately 25% of the purchasing power of our dues intake. We are also starting to consider the prospect of major equipment purchase/upgrades as PRSA continues to grow. After the discussion last year the Exec Board was tasked with reviewing the dues structure and bringing a proposal to the 2015 AGM. The documents below provide you with the proposal that we, the PRSA Executive Board, have developed.
Pursuant to Article XI of the PRSA Constitution (Amendments) we are providing this proposal to the membership 15 days in advance of the Annual General Meeting. The proposal and supplementary documents attached to this message are also available on the PRSA website. We will discuss the attached proposal at the AGM and a vote will be taken. The voting procedure, described in Article IV of the PRSA Constitution, is also detailed on the attached proposal.
The following documents are attached (click on each document to access):
Comments and questions about the proposal prior to the meeting should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Dues Proposal” in the subject line. We will try to respond to emailed comments/questions as appropriate. However, only the comments presented and the votes cast at the AGM will constitute the official record on this matter. I would strongly encourage you to attend the AGM to discuss the proposal there and to cast your vote. Proxy votes may be cast according to the procedure described in the attachments.